Making a den is always lots of fun, whether it be indoors with old blankets and chairs or outside in the woods . It’s a great activity to do with your child but why is it so good? Here are 8 reasons why we think making dens are a fantastic activity to do with your child…
- it’s fun and free!
- den making is a great opportunity for children to develop their communication skills, asking questions, giving instructions and learning new words
- it is a chance to spend quality time with your child with no pressure, right or wrongs!
- it can give children a chance to problem solve by working out what works and what doesn’t .
- den building helps children develop key skills such as perseverance
- once you have built your den it can become a quiet cosy space for you and your child to cuddle up and share stories
- it can give children a chance to be creative in a different way and encourage independent thoughts and ideas
- building dens together can bring back happy childhood memories for yourself and make new memories for your child to treasure