5 Top tips for talking to your child:
- Name objects your child points to, this helps them to understand and connect words to the things they see
- Help your child to build up their sentences by adding new words e.g. a fast red car
- Try not to correct your child if they get a word wrong. Acknowledge their efforts and give them a chance to hear the word clearly e.g. Joe says ‘og’ and Daddy says ‘yes its a dog’
- Give your child lots of time to respond to you, they are learning a new language and need ‘thinking time’
- Avoid asking too many questions, this can put them under pressure
50 things to do
Looking for things to do? Why not download our ultimate list of ’50 things to do before you’re 5′?
Games and Rhymes
Play games with our TLC friends and sing along to your favourite nursery rhymes.
Learn the best ways to improve your child’s language and communication at their different ages.