Here are some of our top tips on reading:
- Let your child take the lead. Follow your child’s lead when reading stories. Let them talk about the pictures, don’t worry if you don’t get to the end of the book
- Find a time in the day where you do not have to rush and can spend time looking at books
- Help your child to predict what will happen next in the story
- Use different voices for different characters. If a character is excited then use an excited voice
- Read in different places… Under a tree, at the beach, in the bath, in a story den under the table
*Remember, you don’t have to be a great reader yourself, just sharing stories with your little one will make a difference.
50 things to do
Looking for things to do? Why not download our ultimate list of ’50 things to do before you’re 5′?
Games and Rhymes
Play games with our TLC friends and sing along to your favourite nursery rhymes.
Learn the best ways to improve your child’s language and communication at their different ages.