Here are some top tips for bath-time:
- Take different items into the bath to see if they sink or float – allow your child to experiment with their toys and find out for themselves
- Sing songs such as Row, Row, Row your boat or 5 little ducks, Incy wincy spider – you can use the toys such as boats, ducks and watering cans while you sing!
- While your child plays in the bath, use different words to match their actions such as pour, squeeze, splash…
- Have a squeezy bath! Add different sponges, flannels and squeezy toys to make bathtime fun.
- When playing in the bath, use different containers and jugs to encourage pouring and scooping water!
Please remember these top tips for bath-time safety:
1. Always fill your bath with water (not too deep) that is the perfect temperature between 35° and 37°.
2. Make sure it’s not too hot by dipping in your elbow or use a bath thermometer.
3. Never leave a baby or toddler unattended in their bath.
50 things to do
Looking for things to do? Why not download our ultimate list of ’50 things to do before you’re 5′?
Games and Rhymes
Play games with our TLC friends and sing along to your favourite nursery rhymes.
Learn the best ways to improve your child’s language and communication at their different ages.