- Involve your child in everyday tasks such as sorting the washing or matching socks.
- Play games with your child so they can learn how to take it in turns.
- Singing counting rhymes with your child will help them understand numbers.
- Praise your child when they show independence at meal times, especially when they feed themselves.
- Encourage your child to use the toilet and wash their hands to help them become more independent. Show them how to blow their nose, help them practice buttons and zips and encourage them to dress themselves.
- Find out who your child’s school friends will be and arrange for them to play together.
50 things to do
Looking for things to do? Why not download our ultimate list of ’50 things to do before you’re 5′?
Games and Rhymes
Play games with our TLC friends and sing along to your favourite nursery rhymes.
Learn the best ways to improve your child’s language and communication at their different ages.